Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Normal Cinemas Saved

Ok, so I was wrong about housing replacing the University Cinemas. For now, at least, the property will stay as is (sorry, Jeff). As I watched the Council meeting and listened to the discussion about what businesses might locate on that site if it stays B-1, I was thinking about what could go there. A neighborhood hardware store might be nice. Or, of course, it would be a nice new location for the Normal Post Office. Right off of Main St. and enough property for a new facility to be built!! I'm always scouting about for a new, MORE CONVENIENT, location for the Post Office. (The old building has obvious historical value so I'm not suggesting tearing it down. Just move the Postal services to a better location.)

No comments:

Post a Comment