Sunday, March 28, 2010

Normal Scrapbooking


I foolishy volunteered to create a scrapbook for an organization that I belong to that is celebrating its 10th anniversary. The only other time that I've made a scrapbook was when I was in middle school, and it consisted of birthday cards and various other documents taped to the pages. I realize that scrapbooks have now been elevated to the status of "hobby" which means that they will be more time-consuming and expensive. After spending a great deal of time looking for just the right stickers and paper (and spending a fair amount of money), I then spent literally hours putting together the pages. And it still isn't finished! I'm seeing stickers in my sleep.

I can testify to the fact that Normal stores have many scrapbook items to choose from, so if you are planning to enter the scrapbook zone (imagine scary music), rest assured that you will be able to amaze friends and family with your works of art after spending many hours and dollars at the local scrapbook-enablers. (Don't forget the glue dots! Whoever invented those things deserves an award.)

No comments:

Post a Comment